Softball Season Ends with Loss to Crest Ridge

The Adrian Blackhawks softball season came to an end in familiar fashion today as they fell to the Crest Ridge Cougars 6-3 in sectionals.   Crest Ridge ended Adrian's 2015 season in the same round.

Adrian fell behind early but Skylar Ketcher's three-run home run gave Adrian the lead 3-1 in the third inning.   Crest Ridge answered with two runs of their own in the fourth inning to tie the game.  The Cougars would retake the lead scoring two more runs in the fifth inning and another in the sixth to seal the game.

The season may have ended sooner than anybody would have liked but the season is not without it's upside. The Lady Blackhawks were conference and district champions and will come back with a large part of their team intact.  


Adrian said goodbye to senior Malory Moles.  Her leadership and ability will be missed.  With talent still on the team and more talent coming out of the junior high ranks the Blackhawks will show the strength of the program next Spring.


"If you've ever coached before, you know the feelings I'm experiencing tonight" said Head Coach Megan Weers. "These girls and I are a family on and off the field. I treasure the time I get to spend with them and hope that they enjoy it all as much as I do"."


Thank you to the parents who allow me to coach their daughters and trust me to do what's best for them. Thank you to all my fellow teachers that have covered classes for me when we have to leave early. Most of all- thank you to the amazing group of girls I get to coach. Everything we coaches do is for you, you make all the effort worth it. Love you all!!"


photos courtesy of Jenny Westbrook












Comments