Bed Changer: by Liz Ray

Here's my story for the week

 Bed changer

 Yes, my garden beds are getting a complete change up this year.
 Year after year, I have had two rows for my tomatoes with six 5-foot cages in each row to the side of the garden.
 This year all twelve of the cages plus an extra one is going up in the slightly raised bed right inside the garden fence.
 In fact, the cages will be attached to the garden fence with ties instead of having three electric fence post stakes for each cage. Much simpler than all these years before.
 The garden area used to be a corral next to the barn so I am now getting to put the cattle panel fence to good use.
 I have also changed my potato bed around. I used to grow the potatoes in the bed right inside the east side of the garden fence. Now I have changed it to the outside of the west garden fence.
 My 35 Red Candy onion plants I am putting in my waist-high raised bed instead of in the bed next to the inside south side of the fence as I have done in previous years.
 Okra this years goes where the tomatoes were in the past.
 I’m looking forward to this change in the garden. I think things will be simplified and hopefully improved.
 However, I don’t always look forward to changes in my everyday life, especially unexpected changes.
 I did not like the change when my husband Jim died last year, but through the help of God and all my friends, family, and neighbors, I have gone through changes that have helped me grow.
 As Leo Buscaglia has said, “Change is the end result of all true learning.”
 I also like what John F. Kennedy said, “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are sure to miss the future.”
 Most of all, though, I like that God does not change. “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8 NLT)
 His love does not change. It is always there.
 Love in Jesus,
 God’s “changing” servant,
 Liz Ray


Comments