Both Cats Found by Liz Ray

Both cats found
I looked in the closet. I thought maybe I had gone in to get something and Pickle had slipped in without me knowing it and I had shut the door and she couldn’t get out. But no, no Pickle in the hall closet. 
Well, my next thought was when I had gone down into the basement earlier in the day, maybe she had followed me without me realizing it, and when I came back upstairs, I had shut her in the basement. But no, no Pickle in the basement.
I looked up on the ledge on top of the kitchen cabinets where she sometimes gets, but no, no Pickle in sight there.
And she definitely was not in her usual spot on top of the washer and dryer in the utility room.
I looked other places in the house but still no Pickle in sight. And I knew I had not let her outside, so where could she be?
Well, I finally gave up looking for her and went about the day’s business.
Later in the evening I went into the bathroom and what should appear but Pickle. She came crawling out of the bottom of the bathroom cabinets where she had opened the doors just enough to get in. I guess she had slept there all day.
Even though I was a little peeved at her, I was so relieved to see her and know where she had been for the day—the one place I hadn’t looked.
By this time, it was getting around 9 o’clock in the evening and now I couldn’t find Christy, my other cat.
I at least knew she was outside because I had let her out earlier in the evening at her insistence.
But now it was getting around my bedtime and I didn’t want to leave her out all night. I went to each of the doors to see if she was there, but no Christy.
Finally, I thought, Ok, she is just going to have to stay out all night, but I went to the back door one more time and there she was ready to come in.
All of this losing and finding reminds me of the line from the hymn Amazing Grace, “I once was lost, but now am found.”
And I thank God that I am never lost from Him.
Love in Jesus,
God’s “cat-finding” servant,
Liz Ray


Comments