Cadi Capers by Liz Ray

Here's my story for the week.

 He shot out like a bullet. I opened the door to get out of the car and before I knew what happened he was gone. Took off through the town of Adrian on a dead run oblivious to my call of desperation, “Cadi, Cadi, come back here.”
 Of course, Cadi, who is my son Mark’s dog, is noted for this running away—the escape artist shall I call him and has done this in Minneapolis also where Mark lives.
 This all happened when I was taking Mark in town Wednesday to pick up his car and Ron home from working all day when Cadi jumped into the car.  I said, “Oh, just let him ride in with us.” Wrong. Never again will I say that.
 Anyway, after Cadi had jumped out of the car around 5:30, I called Mark. He went down to Ron’s where Cadi had got out and waited there about two hours thinking he might come back to Ron’s.
 Mark finally came home —no dog. We put it on Facebook with a picture of Cadi and he was reported seen several places, even I-49 northbound and almost hit by a big semi.
 Many people graciously shared the post. I have never seen such response. I told Mark only in a small town do you see such care and concern.
 I finally went to bed but couldn’t sleep and around midnight checked my phone and saw a post by Lisa Schlotman that she had seen Cadi around 11:40 at Skyline Drive and lst Street.
 Mark and I were getting in the car to go into town when Sharon Knuth called Mark and said she and Lisa were near Skyline Drive still looking for him and would see us in a little bit.
 We eventually tracked him down around 1 a.m. Gracious thanks go to Sharon and Lisa for such diligent searching in the wee hours of the morning. True friends and animal lovers! And thanks to all who were concerned and helped share the post.
 And, most of all, a special thanks to God who answered my desperate prayer to find Cadi.
 “I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.” (Psalm 34:1 KJV)
 Love in Jesus,
 God’s “now I can sleep” servant
 Liz Ray



Comments