In My Opinion by Don Arndt : ICE GLOB


In My Opinion

By Don Arndt

ICE GLOB

 “Don, my refrigerator ice maker is causing me a lot of trouble. The ice in the basket becomes like a big glob of solid ice that I can’t use. I see water dripping into it from above. What is going on and do I need a new ice maker? Do you think this one can be fixed? Thank you, G.B.”


  Ok GB, you don’t need a new ice maker. This is a fairly common problem and easily repaired. What is going on is the “inlet valve” is not closing when it should. Not all the way shut anyway and is leaking water past the valve. There is only one thing that will cause your trouble that I know of and that is it.

The valve cannot be repaired successively (I’ve tried) and must be replaced. The valve is normally near the floor on the back of the frig. It is smaller than your fist and will have a ¼ inch water line running to it. You must turn off the water supply and then change it out. Take your frig model number to your local Appliance shop and get a new one. They are $20.00 to almost $70.00 depending on brand and if you have the water dispenser in the door option which make it a lot more expensive because they are a double valve.


                                                Absolutely, maybe

  A US Senator was once asked about his attitude toward whisky. "If you mean the demon drink that poisons the mind, pollutes the body, desecrates family life, and inflames sinners, then I'm against it. But if you mean the elixir of a New Year toast, the shield against winter chill, the taxable potion that puts needed funds into public coffers to comfort little crippled children, then I'm for it. This is my position, and I will not compromise."


  You may call me at 816 898 2359 with comments or send your questions and comments to bigdontv@hotmail.com



Comments