Leg Miracle by Liz Ray


Leg Miracle

Truly I call it a miracle—a leg miracle. Monday night the pain was so bad in my left leg that I couldn’t put any weight on it and I ended up crawling from the bed to the bathroom.

The next morning I thought perhaps I should check into this. My leg started having pain in it a week ago. 

Just out of the clear blue sky I got up from an afternoon rest (my after lunch popcorn/coffee rest) and my leg hurt. It was hard to put any weight on it.


I didn’t think too much about it and continued using it. It seemed to get better after I was on it awhile.
And, after all, I had lots of outside work to do. I spent three and a half hours weeding Monday and three hours the day before. Got a lot of good work done.


But then that night, it seemed to get worse. Of course, I talked to God about it first. I told Him, “I would like for You to heal me, God, just on the spot, by saying the word but if You want me to go to the doctor I will.”


Well, I kinda got the idea He thought I should go to the doctor and He would take care of the healing through them. Okay, I told Him whatever You say!


So the next day I went down to Melinda and Mark’s to tell them Carson needn’t come up to weed eat as we had planned (no phone service yet after the storm so couldn’t call).
Well, Melinda said she would take me to the emergency room at Butler so a little before 10 we took out and then got home around 2 p.m.


Diagnosis was Myofascial Pain Syndrome, a pain disorder in the muscles. They took x-rays and gave me IV’s of dexamethasone and a strong narcotic Percocet that put me out for awhile.


And you know what by that night I was feeling pretty well ok and by the next day I was almost back to normal and by Thursday I was going up and down steps normally. No problem. And now I’m back to weeding again. True miracle from God and the doctors!


The ER department at Butler was fantastic. Dr. Robert Johnson was my doctor and Sherrie was my main nurse.


Melinda was out-of-this-world. Even stayed with me while I slept off the effects of the Percocet.
And then Diana and Scott came out to check on me since I had no phone service and Scott even put my phone on Wifi Calling so I could use it.


God is good—all the time. And He uses so many people to do His goodness! Thank you, God!
“...Let your joy explode into song and praise.” (Psalm 98:4 the Voice)


Love in Jesus,
God’s healed servant,
Liz Ray



Comments