Sticktights by Liz Ray


Sticktights
I was pulling weeds the other morning and first thing I knew my gloves and shirt were covered with sticktights.
Now I don’t know how many of you have had the experience of getting sticktights all over you or all over your dog or cat, but trying to get them off can be a trying experience, to say the least.
The only way I have gotten them off is simply sitting down and pulling them off, one by one and when there are a hundred or more this can be very time consuming.
The other morning when I got them all over me, I was going in town to help with the food pantry and while waiting for the Harvesters truck to come, I took my gloves and shirt and pulled out sticktights while waiting and visiting.
I figured that was a productive way to wait—getting two jobs done at once. Of course, the truck came before I got them all out so I had to finish pulling the rest of them out at home.
Then one year I got them all over my clothes right before Jim and I left for Minneapolis to see our son Mark so while Jim drove, I pulled sticktights out.
I had so many that I pulled sticktights out through several states. I think I finally got them all out though before we got to Mark’s.
Then I remember one year when we still had our little Yorkie Charlie, he got into sticktights. His whole body of fur was absolutely covered with sticktights.
We spent several hours sitting on the edge of the deck trying to get the sticktights out. Poor Charlie got quite impatient before it was all over with.
Some people say use a hair comb and others say use a knife to scrape them off but I have never tried either one of those methods.
Although I try to avoid sticktights, there’s one Person I want to “sticktight” with me forever and His name is Jesus. I don’t want Him to ever leave me and I know that He never will.
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid...for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
(Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV)
Love in Jesus,
God’s “sticktight” servant,
Liz RayStick



Comments