Adrian Falls 42-0 to Fair Grove


Well, that didn’t go as well as many had hoped.  Adrian’s homecoming had a damper put on it when the Eagles of Fair Grove soundly defeated the Blackhawks 42-0. But it is important to keep things into perspective that Fair Grove is a very good Class 2 school.   
The Adrian Blackhawks, with a previously unblemished record, is still a Class 1 school that played many schools that may be weighing their options on going 8-man in  the coming seasons.  Adrian played some pretty tough ballgames against Midway, Archie and Windsor but this was their first game against a team that was decidedly better than them.
The Blackhawks are no stranger to Fair Grove.  This game was the second one of a two year contract with the school.   Last year they travelled to Fair Grove and put up a tough fight in the first half before being soundly defeated.   This will be the last time Adrian faces Fair Grove because the contract is not being renewed.
Adrian failed to find paydirt for the first time this season. It was the type of game that started out ugly and never got better.  
In every defeat there is opportunity to learn.  This game allowed Adrian to identify areas to improve upon before district games get underway.  And if they are able to address these needs then it will only help them win games with it matters most.
Before the season started I had several people ask me how I thought the team would be.  I said then that Archie and Rich Hill would be pretty tough teams to beat.  I also said I thought Midway was going to be down this year.  I said that maybe one of the teams could jump up and beat Adrian but I really felt like we could be undefeated going into the Fair Grove game….then the team could be in for a whoopin’.  
I was wrong on Midway and Rich Hill and I discounted, to an extent, how good Windsor was going to be but I was correct in the final outcome including today’s game.   What I’m getting at is we all knew what we were going up against.   The fact that it unfolded the way it did confirms what we felt and should not change how we approach districts.  We are where we thought we would be.  
If I were to tell you at Midnight Practice that we would be 8-1 going into districts we would buy that every day of the week and twice on Sundays.  So close the page on this chapter and get ready for districts. Adrian will host the Rich Hill Tigers next Friday to open district play.  If we can win districts we will be in the final 8 and guaranteed a top ten finish.

Comments