Anson Johnson shatters school record!

JUNIOR ANSON JOHNSON SHATTERS THE SCHOOL RECORD IN DISCUS!
April 12, 2018

Adrian hosted a track meet on April 12, 2018 at the George Bruto Athletic Complex.  The Blackhawks competed well in running and field events, making coaches, families and fans proud.  

Junior Anson Johnson is a thrower for the Blackhawks.  Today he broke a school record that has been standing for at least three decades!  Johnson threw the discus 167.2 feet on his home turf, bypassing Steve Seeley's record by 11 feet.  WOW!!!  There's no doubt that he is an extremely hard-working, dedicated Blackhawk.  Johnson said, "I've been working on my speed and strength this off season.  Coach Griffin and Coach Davis have helped me with my form. I think things lined up really well for me today."

Head Track Coach Matt Cochran is proud of Johnson's success.  "What an accomplishment for Anson.  That discus record was set in the seventies, I believe.  Anson is just a hard-working kid that always strives to improve.  I'm just super proud of him.  As good as this is for him, he will be out there tomorrow trying to get better.  It's a great accomplishment for a great kid."
photo by Charlotte Johnson

Comments