Senior Feature - Class of 2018

CONGRATULATIONS, CLASS OF 2018!

Graduating seniors from area schools were invited to submit pictures and info to share with Adrian News Leader readers.  Please read on, there are exceptional young adults in the Class of 2018!

Alexis Diane Sass
Harrisonville High School
~Post-Graduation:  Study Music Technology, College TBD
~Most Influential Teacher:  Ms. Moravec
~Message for underclassmen/siblings:  Good grades don't mean anything if you didn't learn anything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Denton Cunningham
Adrian High School
~Post-Graduation:  Attend Lineman Program at Metropolitan Community College
~Favorite High School Memory:  Staying up and watching Japanese golf with Trenton, Evan, and Tommy Weeks at National Convention.
~Most Influential Teachers:  Mr. Noland, Mr. Vanslyke, Mr. Basore, Mrs. Basore, Mr. Sears, and Mrs. Cook
~Message for underclassmen/siblings:  Don't be a dumby....
~Special Message to Parents:  It wasn't me.


------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keegan Goosey 
Adrian High School
~Post Graduation:  Music industry
~Favorite High School Memory:  Playing the National Anthem
~Most Influential Teachers:  Mr. Palmer, Mr. Blaine
~Message for underclassmen/siblings:  Rethink your decisions
~Special Message to Parents:  Special thanks to all that got on my level to help me through the tough times.


------------------------------------------------------------------------

McKenzi Taylor
Adrian High School
~Post-Graduation:  Attend Longview to get an associates degree for a physical therapy assistant.
~Favorite High School Memory:  Graduation
~Most Influential Teacher:  Swick because she has shown me that you can find something positive in about just everything
~Message for underclassmen/siblings:  “What people say doesn’t hurt you unless you let it.”
~Special Message to Parents:  Thank you for being there for me when no one else was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samantha Costigan
Adrian High School
~Post-Graduation:  I plan to attend Kansas State University and complete an Animal Science degree to fulfill my Pre-veterinary requirements. Then, I plan to be accepted into and complete Veterinary Medicine Graduate school. After I graduate with my VMD, I plan to work under an amazing vet for a few years, and someday, I hope to own my own clinic.

~Favorite High School Memory:  All of the time I spent in Mr. Romi's room working on my own CDE and LDE contests or helping others with theirs. I also really enjoyed my time as an FFA officer.

~Most Influential Teachers:  Mr. Romi, Mrs. Ford, Mrs. Coffelt, and Mr. Redmond
~Message for underclassmen/siblings:  Work towards your dreams every single day. And if you don't know what your dream for life is, do something you're passionate about every single day, because I promise you that your passions, your dreams, will lead you to something great.
~Special Message to Parents:  I don't know what I would do without my parents. They are my lifeline. So, I've got to thank them. I am not an easy child to put up with, but they put up with me my entire life and continue to do so every day. I thank them for all the times, they stood by my side, encouraged me, and never gave up on me. I thank them for pushing me towards greater things and teaching me that being a good person is more valuable than being popular or having all the latest fads. I thank them for everything they have ever done for me because without them, I wouldn't be anywhere close to where I am today.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kerigan Wimsatt
Adrian High School
~Post-Graduation:  I plan to attend Fort Scott to play volleyball and pursue my education in agriculture.
~Favorite High School Memory:  Cheering on Friday Nights
~Most Influential Teachers:  Swick and Mr. Romi
~Message for underclassmen/siblings:  Don’t stress, enjoy high school and have fun.
~Special Message to Parents:  Thank you for everything you do, I wouldn’t be here without you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert Reese
Adrian High School
~Post-Graduation:  Attend University of Central Missouri to pursue degrees in secondary education
~Favorite High School Memory:  My favorite high school memory would either be Sophomore year of making guitars for our class float with paper mache, calling ourselves "Team Dragonsnot", or when we taped Mr. Lewis to the wall of the cafeteria.
~Most Influential Teachers:  Mrs. Swick, Mr. Sears, Mrs. Coffelt, Mr. Davis
~Message for underclassmen/siblings:  Study for your math tests. Like, actually study. Do your best, but don't forget to relax every once in a while.
~Special Message to Parents:  I swear I studied for my math class first semester.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashlee Burris
Adrian High School
~Post-Graduation:  I am attending the University of Central Missouri to become an LPN and an RN, and take nursing skills overseas to third world countries in need of medical help.
~Favorite High School Memory:  Seeing the ladies of Willow Creek Group Home at every football home game.
~Most Influential Teachers:  Swick, Mrs. Diggs (Cass Career Center), Mrs. Carr, Mr. Palmer
~Message for underclassmen/siblings:  Being alone isn't always better. Make friends and make memories.
~Special Message to Parents:  I always drive at least 5 over the speed limit... oh, and yeah, I love you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skylar Ketcher
Adrian High School
~Post-Graduation:  I plan on joining Americorp and then continuing on to college
~Favorite High School Memory:  Mr. Schachers CSE class. The whole time we never knew what would happen next in that class and I was only in there for a semester.
~Most Influential Teachers:  Mr. Redmon, Mr. Tenholder, Swick, Mr. Palmer
~Message for underclassmen/siblings:  Do not procrastinate or you will dislike school even more.
~Special Message to Parents:  Thanks for everything!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courtney Jones
Adrian High School
~Post-Graduation:  Go into the workforce
~Favorite High School Memory:  Senior Night
~Most Influential Teachers:  Cass Career Teachers
~Message for underclassmen/siblings:  Stay in school and don't do drugs or alcohol.
~Special Message to Parents:  Stay in school and don't do drugs or alcohol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carter Vickers
Adrian High School
~Post-Graduation:  Snaggin'
~Most Influential Teacher:  Mr. Davis
~Message for underclassmen/siblings:  Keep on keepin' on.
~Special Message to Parents:  I'll wait to tell after graduation

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mickeaylla Candy Gail Sproat
Adrian High School

~Post-graduation Plans:  Attending Missouri Western (MWSU), majoring in History Education
~Favorite High School Memory:  When we got our plastic silverware revoked (in Belton)
~Most Influential Teacher(s):  Mr. Nathan Mack, Mr. Thomas Redmon, & Mrs Rachel Coffelt-Ferrell
~Message for Underclassmen/Siblings:  Don't slack in your college classes. They are literally hell.
~Special Message to Parents:  My Parents - for encouraging me to work and helping me achieve what I thought was impossible; Suszanna - for supporting me and being there for me; My Grandparents - for always being there and making sure I have the necessary tools to succeed.


Comments