Rally time, Adrian! A teacher and her family needs us!


It's time for the Adrian community to come together and do what it does best!  One of our own is in need!  Jen Watson is an Adrian 2nd Grade Teacher.  Her 21-year old son, Austin, was just diagnosed with Stage 4 liver and pancreatic cancer.  Our hearts go out to their family and we will keep them in our prayers.  Things can be done to help, and 4th Grade Teacher Amy McVey shared her own experiences with cancer and ways to rally around Jen, Austin and family.

From 4th Grade Teacher Amy McVey:
Once you go through cancer, it becomes a part of you. It changes you in ways that are very difficult to describe. Every single day, I think to myself "A new day...a new gift...a new sunrise to give glory to God and all that He has given us." Twelve years have passed since Shawn's battle with leukemia. In those twelve years, we have discovered something within ourselves that we didn't know existed. Cancer, simply stated, makes my heart sink. When our friends, family, and even strangers have to face this demon, it tears into your soul. If you would have asked me 12 years ago, my thoughts on cancer, I wouldn't have had an answer. Being a part of it, fighting against it, and living through it fuels your determination to do anything and everything you can to bring the disease down.

I currently have friends, their families, and even members within my own family fighting against the big "C". Every journey taken to bring this disease down is different. Every journey taken needs a team of Prayer Warriors. As our friends and family fight against it, I ask for you to join in our fight. I pray for God to give his blessings and his miracles to our loved ones fighting. I pray for the team of doctors to bring healing and to make fighting against this disease bearable. I pray for the caretakers as their fight is one from the outside looking in. I pray for strength to be continued, for hope to rise, and for faith to be deep.

I ask that you join in on Austin Ward's Caringbridge site. Please lift him up as he starts this battle. Austin Ward has a benefit account set up via the Adrian Bank. I ask you to consider making donations to his fund to help ease the burdens of what lies ahead. 

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/austinward/journal/view/id/5bb0fc3a8a4667e86eb47c1d

During Adrian's Pink Out event on Thursday against Midway, we will be hosting a "Cash-N-Dash" event. This event will be used to raise money for Austin Ward's fund. Please help us spread the word to all of those coming to support Pink Out. If you have never done a Cash-N-Dash, it is a timed event...a race against the clock to fill as many buckets with money as you can. We will have our HS student council members helping out to get the buckets through the crowd. All money raised during this event will be placed in Austin's benefit fund!

Comments