Kaitlyn Miller Signs on to Play Volleyball at Longview Community College

Adrian R-III alumni Kaitlyn Miller has signed on to play volleyball with Longview Community College in Kansas City. Miller, a 2015 graduate took a year off from volleyball but will return to the court why working towards her Associates of Arts degree.

"When I started playing volleyball, at 12 years old, I had no idea it would impact me the way it has today. When I graduated from high school there was nothing I regretted more than not pushing myself to play at the collegiate level. After a year off, and plenty of reassurance from Coach Robards, I decided to get back into the game I love."
"I can't express how much support I have had along the way. Coach Robards is a huge part of my success as a player and as a person and I could never thank her enough for it. My family has always been my biggest fans and I know they will continue to support me, even if it means driving 3 hours away to watch me play. I was overwhelmed with the support that I had from the community as well when I made the announcement on Facebook. Tons of congratulations on my post and many more in person. It's that support that pushed me to get back into what I truly love the most, the game." After the Fall of 2016, I will have my Associates of Arts degree and plan on transferring to Missouri State University. While there I will study microbiology and will eventually apply to medical school to become a pediatrician.

Here are Kaitlyn's honors during her high school career. Let's hope she adds to it at the next level.

All Conference 2nd Team--Freshman year. All-Conference 1st Team--sophomore through senior year. All-District 2nd Team--freshman and sophomore years. All-District 1st Team--junior and senior year All-Region 2nd Team--junior year. All-Region 1st Team--senior year. All-State Honorable Mention--senior year.


Comments