Pool Table Goodbye by Liz Ray


One of the highlights this year of our family get-together at my house Saturday was giving the pool table to my nephew Greg who lives in Kansas.
Earlier in the year I had told him he could have it but, of course, he couldn’t get it until he had some help dismantling and getting it up the stairs out of the basement. So the family get-together was the perfect time to do it with three other helpers....
My late husband Jim and I had had this pool table for 41 years but since I don’t play pool, it was time to give it to someone who could enjoy it.
Another highlight was my 99-year young Aunt Stella who lives in Eldon getting to come over also. She did let my sister Lou drive her over however along with Bill and Darlene.
And, of course, I always enjoy Aunt Stella’s famous sweet potato dish she makes and brings over.
My cousin Barbara brought her friend Cynthia who likes plants so we hit it off pretty good. Before they left, I had her dig up several plants to take home as well as taking some seeds to plant for next year.
My sister Katherine and her daughter Carmen came over Friday evening so we got a head start on visiting plus they also helped me get some of the food ready.
All in all, there were 22 of us enjoying the perfect weather God provided, some eating and visiting out on the deck and some inside.
I did miss my son Mark not being able to be with us as he was in Ireland at this time enjoying the beautiful countryside and places of interest.
Now the perfect ending to this family day was the much-needed rain that God so graciously sent.
And it was perfect timing. The last person left at 3:45 and the rain started a little over
an hour later around 5 o’clock. Perfect weather all through the day for the get-together and then rain at the end.
God always comes to the rescue sending much-needed rain and He is always with us.
“For this reason, I fall on my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth receives its true name. (Ephesians 3:14,15 TEV)
Love in Jesus,
God’s “family get-together” servant,
Liz Ray


Comments