Blackhawks Marching Band brings home hardware!

The Blackhawks march down the street, under the direction of Mrs. Sydney Given.

Talk about music to your ears, some mornings you can hear the Blackhawks Marching Band playing on the streets of Adrian.  Under the direction of Mrs. Sydney Given, the Blackhawks Marching Band traveled to Stockton, MO to compete in the 57th Annual Black Walnut Festival.  They came home with hardware!  The band, comprised of mostly underclassmen and middle schoolers, took third place out of 10 bands! What an accomplishment!!

The 3rd Place Blackhawks Marching Band with Mrs. Sydney Given.

Mrs. Given had plenty to say about her students.  "I am so proud of all the hard work that has been happening over the last year! I am very blessed to have such caring, hardworking, and talented students to work with each and every day. Having great students makes me love coming to school every day. I love my job and band kiddos so very much, they make my job easy! I cannot wait to see where the band will be in the future!  A great time was had by all who participated. We also had great weather! I am very proud of all the band students!"  On the Blackhawks Instrumental Department Facebook page, Mrs. Given also said, "The students, our great bus driver (Bobbie Pitts) and I had a very fun time and can't wait to go back next year!"

3rd Place!

3rd Place - Celebrate!


photos by Bobbie Pitts and Sydney Given

Comments