Wonder Food by LIz Ray


Brewer’s yeast—a natural wonder food! As one person said if brewer’s yeast is not a part of your daily nutritional habit, it ought to be.
I’ve been using brewer’s yeast for years, probably started back in the 1960’s or 1970’s. I really can’t remember, it has been so long.
It’s probably what helped give me my energy to get up at 4 a.m. and grade those papers or work on yearbook and newspaper deadlines all hours of the night with my students while I was teaching school for 30 years here at Adrian.
Somehow I got the name of being a health nut. One year I had my college prep class write their research papers on a health food topic. They came up with some pretty useful information and hopefully opened their eyes a little bit.
Now a little about brewer’s yeast why I take it every day. Called the “original health food,” it’s a good energy booster, full of B vitamins, protein, and trace minerals.
In fact, it is claimed to be one of the richest sources of complete protein and almost devoid of fat which many of us need to consume less of.
It’s really rich in nucleic acid which some say helps delay the aging process.
I buy the dry powder form and used to take a tablespoon full each morning in orange juice. But now I just put it in a half glass of water because I like the bland, nutty taste of it. Some people put it in casseroles or cereal or just about anything.
Now here is something that surprised me. My cat Pickle started tasting mine by accident. I had some sitting out ready to mix with water and I saw her licking her lips and realized she had sneaked up and tasted it.
So I looked it up online and found out that it is a good nutritional source for cats too.
My best energy booster though is having quality time with Jesus each morning. Yes, he’s my Divine Energy Booster getting my day started right, talking with Him through prayer and getting His direction through His Word.
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13 KJB2000)
Love in Jesus,
God’s “brewer’s yeast” servant,
Liz Ray


Comments